Step-by-step instructions to create a student account on Acadly
Professors can invite students to join their course in one of two ways:
- By Invitation
- By Join Code
Here's what you need to do to set up a student account on Acadly.
Case 1 - You have been invited to join a course without a Join Code
- When you're added to a course by a professor, you will receive an invitation email like the one shown below.
- If you cannot find this email, try searching your inbox for the phrase "You have been added as a student", which is a part of the invitation email's subject.
- If you still don't see the email in your inbox, please reach out to your course professor/instructor/trainer. They should be able to verify if you've been added to the course.
Once you have received the invitation email
- Go to https://app.acadly.com or open the Acadly app (Android app, iOS app)
- In the "Email address" field, enter the email address mentioned in the invitation email. Important - if your email inbox has an alias (i.e., two separate email addresses point to the same inbox), you will need to enter the email address mentioned in the invitation email shown above. The alias will NOT work.
Once you enter your email address on this page...
You will be emailed a verification code in order to verify that you're indeed the owner of the email inbox. You will also be redirected to the following screen:
At this point, check your email inbox for the verification code. The subject of the email is "Temporary verification code".
- Go back to https://app.acadly.com or your Acadly app, and enter this verification code in the "Enter the verification code here" field.
- Once you enter the right verification code, you will be able to set up your password and user name.
Case 2 - You have been invited to join a course using a Join Code
If you have received an invitation email/ message from your professor with a 6-letter code to join a course, please follow the steps described below to set up your account:
Step 1 - Go to https://app.acadly.com and select "Create a new account"
Step 2 - Choose to Create "A STUDENT ACCOUNT"
Step 3 - Enter Join Code
On the following screen, enter the Course Join Code.
You will now be able to set up your account. After you set up your account, you will find your course on the My Courses page.
If you have any questions about this, please reach out to us at email@example.com